Friday, October 10, 2008

Random review #3

As ripped from my post on the DVDVR boards; this is Shingo and Dragon Kid versus Masato Yoshino and Naruki Doi, 8/28/08, Summer Tag League Finals from Dragon Gate. And it rocks.

Built somewhat slow to emphasize the finishing run, and Shingo impressed me by keeping the selling of his arm consistent, when Doi and Yoshino started working on it, I was fairly certain it was going to get totally dropped and ignored, but I guess Shingo is smarter than I'd normally give him credit for. Everyone had a great section with everyone, no match up wasn't entertaining, and the Yoshino/Shingo sections were ridiculously good. Yoshino took amazing bumps for Kid's hurricanranas, and man, the finishing stretch was just a total blitz with nearly everything getting tossed out but not to the point of being ridiculous, although there are some kickouts I could have done without. I'd say this is my favorite match this year, but I think it's probably my number two or three, I just can't put it ahead of the BJW tag (we all know which one :D) due to the fact that despite Shingo's good selling, it's not quite as harrowing as Shinobu's and it doesn't play into the finish. And the heat isn't quite as good, plus there is no spot within this match as amazing as Teioh's submissions in the BJW tag. These guys do get a lot of credit for hitting everything so crisp while maintaining the ridiculous pace during the last bit, but still...just can't edge it past the BJW tag.

No comments: